A trusted dermatologist in Franklin, TN is an imperative member of your medical care team. Dermatologists specialize in treating conditions related to the skin, hair, and nails. You probably think of medical skin conditions when you think of a dermatologist, but they are actually trained to treat a wide range of medical and cosmetic concerns.
What Can a Dermatologist Help With?
If you already see a PCP or family physician, you may be wondering why you would need to see a dermatologist.
- Skin Concerns: While your PCP can help with some skin conditions, it’s best to see an expert for diagnosis and treatment. A dermatologist can help with a range of skin conditions, including acne, eczema, psoriasis, skin infections, and rashes.
- Hair Loss: Hair loss affects over 80 million Americans. Thinning or shedding hair can impact your self-confidence and be a sign of an underlying medical condition. A dermatologist in Franklin, TN can diagnose the cause of your hair loss and recommend treatment options.
- Skin Cancer Screening and Treatment: Skin cancer is one of the most common cancers, but can usually be easily treated if diagnosed early. If you notice any new moles, spots, or changes in your skin, make an appointment with your dermatologist. Your doctor can perform mole removal for diagnosis and Mohs surgery to treat cancerous spots.
- Chronic Skin Conditions: If you have an ongoing condition like rosacea, hives, or severe acne, it’s imperative to see a dermatologist in Franklin on a regular basis to reduce symptoms, prevent flare-ups, and enhance your quality of life.
- Skincare: In the world of skincare, the wide range of products can be overwhelming. Your dermatologist will be able to recommend a skin care regimen to help you maintain glowing, healthy skin. You can purchase high-quality, medical-grade skincare and obtain prescriptions through your dermatologist.
Top Dermatologist in Franklin, TN
Your skin is your body’s largest organ and your dermatologist in Franklin, TN is your partner in taking the best care of it possible.
Advanced Skin and Laser Center in Brentwood, TN is a top dermatology practice serving Franklin, TN and the surrounding areas. Led by Dr. Johh Q. Binhlam, we offer comprehensive medical skin care in a safe and compassionate environment. We treat skin conditions from mild to severe and offer advanced hair loss solutions, Mohs surgery expertise, and advanced cosmetic services in partnership with our med spa, Binhlam Aesthetics. Call our office at 615-843-SKIN to make an appointment with our team today!