The Latest News
March 27, 2020
Dear friends and patients,
Here is the latest update on what our practice and team members are currently doing during this Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We are taking extra precautions to mitigate any potential spread of the virus.
Infection Control at our office:
- We request that only the patient and their caregiver/parent enter the building
- Each patient sit at least 6 feet apart from each other in our reception room
- No reuse of pens
- If you have signed up for our Patient Portal, we encourage updating your medicines, allergies, and medical history at home prior to the appointment
- No magazines, pamphlets, refreshments in the reception room
- Extra sanitizing measures of common areas
Types of medical appointments that we are accepting:
- In-office appointments
- Teledermatology appointments
- Our office remains open Monday thru Thursday from 8-5 pm, and Friday from 8-2 pm
- Temporary suspension of Saturday hours
We are available for you via:
- Office number: 615-843-7546 (SKIN)
- Patient Portal – if you are not signed up or have forgotten how to access it, please call our office for assistance
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Be safe and let’s help each other,
John Q. Binhlam, M.D., F.A.A.D., Medical Director
Love yourself. Take care of yourself. For all things skin, we are here for you.
Advanced Skin & Laser Center
|March 27, 2020Advanced Skin and Laser Center (ASLC) is pleased to offer medical dermatology appointments via video and telephone to safely connect you with Dr. Binhlam from your home. A video or telephone appointment will allow you to have consistent ways of getting care without having to go to our office, urgent care center, or ER for your skin care concerns.
Why are we doing this?
Dr. Binhlam is offering video and telephone visits for patients who cannot come into our office due to their health status or concern about their risk for COVID-19 (coronavirus) infection.
How can I remotely connect with Dr. Binhlam?
· If you are an established patient, call our office at 615-843-7546 (SKIN) to schedule a teledermatology appointment
· Video or phone visits via Doxy.me : ASLC may use Doxy.me for a video or phone visit using a desktop or mobile device (Android and Apple devices).
How will I be billed for a video or telephone visit?
1) Medicare patients: Video and telephone appointments are covered by Medicare and your teledermatology appointment will be billed to Medicare
2) Non-Medicare patients: You will be billed when you schedule a teledermatology appointment with our staff. The fee is $100 for a 15 minute consultation for a single skin issue. Some insurance companies are allowing the cost of video and telephone visits temporarily to be a covered service and you can file with your insurance, but you should contact your insurance plan for policy specifics.
To learn more about video and telephone appointments, please visit the links below for Medicare patients and the use of Doxy.me
Thank you for allowing Dr. Binhlam and our team at Advanced Skin & Laser Center to be your comprehensive skin care specialists. It is a privilege to serve you and your family.
Our entire healthcare team at Advanced Skin & Laser Center