With summer approaching, you may be thinking about what changes you need to make to your skincare routine. If you want to keep your skin healthy and glowing this summer, check out these summer skincare tips!
Dermatologist Recommended: Summer Skincare Tips
- Sunscreen: Our number one summer skincare tip is to always use broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Reapply every two hours, or more often if you’re sweating or swimming.
- Protective Clothing: Lightweight clothing that covers your arms and legs will help protect you from the sun’s harmful UV rays. You can also find fabrics that have SPF.
- Hats and Sunglasses: Wide-brimmed hats protect your face, neck, and ears from sun exposure. Sunglasses with UV protection will shield your eyes and the delicate skin around them.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep your skin hydrated and prevent dehydration. Water helps to maintain your skin’s elasticity and promotes a healthy complexion.
- Cleansing: Wash your face with a gentle, non-drying cleanser twice a day to remove sweat, dirt, and sunscreen. Avoid harsh cleansers that can strip away your skin’s natural oils.
- Exfoliation: Use a gentle exfoliator once or twice a week to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores. This will help to keep your skin smooth and improves the absorption of skincare products.
- Moisturize: Dry winter skin may be gone for now, but moisture is still important in the summer. Sun, water, and sand can be drying. Look for lightweight, oil-free moisturizers that provide hydration without feeling heavy or greasy.
- Eye Cream: A daily eye cream with antioxidants will protect the skin around your eyes and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lip Protection: Don’t forget about your pout! Apply a lip balm with SPF to keep your lips protected from the sun’s harmful rays. Reapply often, especially after eating or drinking.
- After-Sun Care: After a day in the sun, soothe and moisturize your skin after sun exposure with aloe vera gel or a calming moisturizer to help alleviate any sunburn or irritation.
Best Dermatologist in Nashville
Everyone’s skin is unique, so consult with a dermatologist for personalized advice based on your specific skin type and concerns. Dr. Binhlam can provide a full body skin cancer screening to check for any suspicious moles or growths and provide summer skincare tips and product recommendations.
We hope these tips help you to have the best summer ever while keeping your skin healthy and protected!