Do you feel like you sweat more than others or at times when your body temperature doesn’t need to be cooled? You may have hyperhidrosis. This condition can impact your quality of life, causing you embarrassment, discomfort, and social anxiety. However, hyperhidrosis treatment in Nashville is available to help you live comfortably and confidently!
What is Hyperhidrosis?
Hyperhidrosis is thought to affect up to 3% of the population. Excessive sweating can occur in your underarms, palms, feet, and face. There is often not a trigger for the sweat, like heat or exercise. Many patients feel self-conscious in professional and social situations, causing them to seek out hyperhidrosis treatment in Nashville.
What Type of Doctor Should I See For Hyperhidrosis?
If you suspect you have hyperhidrosis, you should see a dermatologist. They will make a diagnosis based on medical history, physical exam, lab work, and a sweat test to measure the amount and location of excessive sweat.
Treatment for Hyperhidrosis in Nashville
After diagnosis, your dermatologist will be able to make treatment recommendations personalized for you based on the severity of your condition and your preferences.
- Prescription Antiperspirant: Using a strong antiperspirant with aluminum chloride is often the first recommendation for the treatment of hyperhidrosis in Nashville.
- Prescription Medication: Prescription medications are available that can help reduce sweating. These could include oral medications, wipes, and creams.
- Botox Injections: For relief that can last for several months, Botox can be injected to block the nerve signals that trigger sweat production.
- Iontophoresis: This treatment uses low-level electrical current to block sweat gland activity. It is performed at home (with doctor supervision) several times a week until your condition improves.
- Microwave Therapy: This minimally invasive procedure uses microwave energy to deactivate sweat glands, providing long-term relief.
- Surgery: If the excess sweat is primarily in your armpits, surgically removing your sweat glands or nerve surgery may be considered.
Hyperhidrosis Treatment in Nashville
The best hyperhidrosis treatment in Nashville will depend on the severity of your condition as well as your personal preferences. Seeing a dermatologist for accurate diagnosis and to create a treatment plan is the first step in managing your hyperhidrosis and reducing excessive sweating. Call 615-843-SKIN to schedule your appointment with Dr. Binhlam and start the journey to regain your self-confidence today!