Eczema is a chronic skin condition that affects over 31 million people in America. Finding an effective eczema treatment in Nashville can be frustrating and exhausting. But the good news is that you don’t have to face it alone. With the help of an experienced dermatologist like Dr. Binhlam at Advanced Skin and Laser Center, you can find relief for your eczema.
What Is Eczema?
Eczema often appears as dry, itchy, red, and inflamed skin patches. For many, it begins in childhood, but it can develop later in life. There are seven different types of eczema and severity can vary.
While the exact cause of eczema is unknown, many dermatologists believe that it’s related to genetic or environmental factors.
If you suspect you have eczema, the first step is to see a dermatologist for diagnosis and to discuss a plan for eczema treatment in Nashville.
Options for Eczema Treatment in Nashville
While there is no cure for eczema, there are many treatment options available to help manage your symptoms and keep you comfortable. As each case is unique, it’s important to partner with a dermatologist to develop a treatment plan suited for the type and severity of your eczema.
- Lifestyle and Dietary Changes: Before beginning medications, your doctor may suggest lifestyle changes to help reduce your symptoms. This could include identifying and avoiding triggers and a bathing and moisturizing routine.
- Topical Steroids: This medicine can provide temporary relief from itching and rashes.
- Antihistamines: Often used for treating atopic dermatitis. Antihistamines can help with itching and inflammation from allergies.
- Immunosuppressant Medications: These are prescribed for children and adults with atopic dermatitis to help stop the itch-scratch cycle, allowing the skin to heal and reduce the risk of infection.
- Biologics: For severe eczema that does not respond to other treatment options, your doctor may recommend this injectable medication to help manage your symptoms.
Top Nashville Dermatologist
When you need eczema treatment in Nashville, you want to see the best and that’s Dr. Binhlam at Advanced Skin and Laser Center. He can guide you through your treatment options and help you find relief from your eczema so you can enjoy healthy, comfortable skin again.
Call 615-843-SKIN to make an appointment today and take the first step toward managing your eczema.